Though Lochac is one of the most geographically isolated Kingdoms in the Known Worlde, she has a rich history of interacting and knowledge sharing with other Kingdoms.
Lochacians have belonged to one of two Kingdoms in early history (the West Kingdom and the Kingdom of Caid – pronounced kai-eed), have visited events and groups overseas, and have attracted a range of visitors to her shores to teach and join in the fun.
Accounts of such occassions are documented below.
- Ambassador to the Kingdom of Drachenwald (pronounced draken-vald): The Honourable Lady Christine Bess Duvaunt from the Barony of Ildhafn was charged to be Lochac’s official Ambassador to the Kingdom of Drachenwald in AS 48-50.
- Antarctic Wars: the ongoing quest to maintain sovereignty over the southern most lands of Lochac.
- Baron and Baroness of Ruantallan: In the East Kingdom, Master Guthfrith Yrlingsson and Dame Isobel of Mowbray (who used to live in Rowany) served as Baron and Baroness of the Barony of Ruantallan.
- Canterbury Faire: the largest event hosted by the Crescent Isles and one of the premiere events in Lochac, Canterbury Faire has a history of attracting visitors (particularly from the Kingdom of Caid). In AS 46, Their Majesties Sven I and Cassandra I of Caid visited Canterbury Faire – which was announced in Mistress Katherine Kerr of the Hermitages Good Newes from Lochac newsletter.
- The Great Kingdom Shop: In August 1982, Ambassadors Christia Barrett, Artos Barefoot and Rowan Perigrynne travelled to the USA to investigate various options for which Kingdom the budding Australian Branch of the SCA wanted to join. The Kingdoms of the West (Northern California, Nevada, Alaska, Japan, Korea, and the Pacific Rim), Caid (Southern California, Greater Las Vegas and Hawaii), Ansteorra (Oklahoma and Texas) and Atenveldt (Arizona and small parts of Utah and California).
- La Prova Dura: the proof of duration tournament has been held in Lochac roughly every two years since 2010. At La Prova Dura AS 45 and La Prova Dura AS 48, several visitors from the West Kingdom attended with some of those entering the various tournaments.
- Lochac Rattan Symposium: On 8-9 September 2007 (Barony of Stormhold) and 15-16 September 2007 (Barony of Politarchopolis), Duke Paul Bellatrix (West Kingdom) and Duke Brannos O’Irongardail (Middle Kingdom) visited Lochac to hold intensive heavy combat training in Lochac.
- Pennsic War: Since Pennsic War 19, Lochac has had a regular presence at Pennsic War in the Kingdom of AEthelmearc.
- Rowany Festival: being the biggest event in Lochac, it is no surprise that it has attracted a large number of international visitors. For example:
- In April 1983, the first Rowany Festival was held at Wilton and Lochac’s first visitors from the Kingdom of the West attended – Mistress Hilary of Serendip (the Society Steward at the time), Sir William the Lucky, Mistress Kathe Willig von Mainz, and Lord Eric Edmundson.
- In April 2014, Earl Master Ruslan Novgorodcev from the East Kingdom travelled to Rowany Festival AS 48 to teach heavy fighting classes.