Niall I and Liadan I were the 23rd Crown of the Kingdom of Lochac, reigning from 6 July 2013 (AS48) until 11 January 2014 (AS48).
Midwinter Coronation was held in the Barony of Mordenvale at the Tocal Agricultural College, Dungog road, Paterson NSW.
The style of Their reign was 12th Century Crusader, loosely based on Them fleeing Jerusalem after its surrender to Saladin in 1187. Anachronistically, Niall drew inspiration from the film Kingdom of Heaven and played the role of the Leper King.
The colours used to denote the royal household were black and gold for His Majesty and red and gold for Her Majesty. Royal Guards were charged to make and wear horseman style tunics to denote their positions. There were also several motifs used in the reign; crosses for His Majesty, Ouroboros’ for both and a 12th century rose for Her Majesty.
The Royal Household consisted of the following positions:
- Chamberlain: Coordinating travel and all Royal communication
- Knights and Rose Councillors: Provide guidance and advice
- Mistress of the Wardrobe: Coordinate all garb requirements for the reign
- Queens champion: Protect and defend Liadan and Her honour, and come to her aid when she has need
- Head Lady in Waiting: Coordinate attendants for Liadan (including Ladies in Waiting and Guardsmen)
- Captain of the Queen’s Guard: Assist with coordinating attendants for Liadan, keep the unruly members of the Guard in check and encourage the Guard to fight as much as possible
- Queen’s Guard: Attend Liadan when required and fight, fight, fight!
- Ladies in Waiting: Attend Liadan when required
- Captain of the King’s Guard: Assist with coordinating attendants for Niall, keep the unruly members of the Guard in check, and encourage the Guard to fight as much as possible
- Kings Guard: Attend Niall when required and fights, fight, fight!
- Royal Artisans: Under the supervision of Mistress Constanzia Moralez y de Zamora, demonstrate your skill and knowledge to the Kingdom by producing an in-depth research paper and completing an item to be displayed at the Fields of Gold event in Politarchopolis in November 2013. The project for each Artisan depended on their interests, with Kiriel persuing cooking, Heilwich persuing helm crests and Ceara persuing Elizabethan Sweet Bags.
- Royal Scribe: Coordinate all formal written requirements of the reign
- Royal Bard: Entertain Niall and Liadan and compose a ballad about Their reign
|Niall inn Orkneyskii||King|
|Liadan ingen Fheradaig||Queen|
|Sabine du Bourbonnais||Chamberlain|
|Kitan Von Falkenberg||Knights Councillor (Q)|
|Cornelius von Becke||Knights Councillor (K)|
|Berenger of Nancy||Knights Councillor (K)|
|Margie of Glen More||Rose Councillor and Royal Archer|
|Ailis ingen Mheadhbha||Head Lady and Mistress of Wardrobe|
|Madelaine de Bourgogne||Royal Seamstress|
|Muirghen ni Ghrainne||Royal Seamstress and Royal Scribe|
|Constanzia Moralez y de Zamora||Royal Artisans Laurel Councillor|
|Crispin Sexi||Royal Bard|
|Jon Dai of the Lane||Queens Champion|
|Hanbal al Barbari||Fill-in Queens Champion for Pennsic War|
|Henri de Montferrat||Captain of the Kings Guard|
|Wulfgar Jarnsida||Kings Guard|
|Lucas von Beautsky||Kings Guard|
|Blethyn ap Gryffyd||Kings Guard|
|Orri Vigleiksson the Gracious||Kings Guard|
|Dameon Greybeard||Kings Guard|
|Clement Valentin de Spieler||Kings Guard|
|James of Yale||Kings Guard|
|Engelin Teufel||Captain of the Queens Guard|
|Ceara Shionnach||Queens Guard and Royal Artisan|
|Alessandra de Mesina||Queens Guard|
|Jadwiga Wojciedowa||Queens Guard|
|Alesia de Cheval Blanc||Queens Guard|
|Eva von Danzig||Queens Guard|
|Beatrice Maria Malatesta||Queens Guard|
|Antoinette Travillier||Queens Guard|
|Miriam Galbraith||Queens Guard|
|Bethan of Brockwood||Queens Archer|
|Juliana de Northwood||Queens Fencer|
|Elizabeth de Foxle||Lady in Waiting|
|Helouys le Poer||Lady in Waiting|
|Anna de Tournais||Lady in Waiting|
|Ottillia Adelise von Grafenbach||Lady in Waiting|
|Anna von Freiburg||Lady in Waiting|
|Kiriel du Papillon||Royal Artisan|
|Heilwich Gheerts||Royal Artisan|
Niall I fought in many heavy tournaments and wars during their reign and he authorised in rapier in order to participate in the rapier teams tournament at Pennsic War 42 (held annually in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania, USA).
Liadan I fought in many heavy tournaments and wars during their reign, participated in rapier (including successful completion of her Free Scholars Prize), target archery, equestrian and was enthusiastic for combat archery.
Their favourite moment during Their reign was holding a surprise court at Fields of Gold. The Order of Chivalry were called before Their Majesties and, after a third call for all members to come before Them, Duke Sir Siridean MacLachlan (who had recently moved overseas) appeared. THL Blethyn ap Gryffyd was called before Them and instantly elevated to the Order of the Chivalry. This was particularly memorable because Duke Sir Siridean showing up was organised by Their Majesties as a surprise for his close friend THL Blethyn, as was the knighting itself.
During Their reign, Niall and Liadan got the ball rolling with attempting to get Youth Combat instigated in Lochac.
Niall I and Liadan I stepped down at Twelfth Night in the Canton of Okewaite (Goulburn). After Alfar III and Angharat I were coronated, King Alfar presented Niall with the cure for his leprosy and asked him to joing the Order of Chivalry.
Events attended during Their Reign
- Midwinter Coronation in Mordenvale (5-7 July 2013)
- Stormhold’s Winterfeast and Baronial Changeover in Stormhold (13-14 July 2013)
- Pennsic War 42 in the Kingdom of Aethelmearc (19 July 3 August 2013)
- Radburne War 7 in Rowany (9-12 August 2013)
- Politarchopolis Winter A&S Collegium in Politarchopolis (17-18 August 2013)
- Cold War 7 in Rowany (23-26 August 2013)
- A Little Bit of Rapier in Ynys Fawr (7 September 2013)
- 30th Anniversary Baronial Championship Tourney and Feast in River Haven (14-15 September 2013)
- Spring War in Mordenvale (4-7 October 2013)
- Great Southern Gathering 5 in Innilgard (4-7 October 2013)
- Tower and Tavern Feast in Politarchopolis (12 October 2013)
- Bordescros Birthday Bash in Bordescros (26 October 2013)
- Feast of the Four Winds in Adora (2 November 2013)
- November Crown at the Siege of Rebels Keep in Stormhold (8-10 November 2013)
- The Red Dragon Celebration in Abertridwr (16-17 November 2013)
- An Eastern Affair Baronial Championship in St Florian (23 November 2013)
- Politarchopolis’ Field of Gold in Politarchopolis (29 November-1 December 2013)
- Rowany Yule Feast in Rowany (14 December 2013)
- Twelfth Night Coronation in Okewaite (11-12 January 2014)